Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Six Arms are hard to keep an eye on.

My Mom and I took a ride to PA today to do a little shopping at the outlets. Of course, the boys were along for the ride. They were their usual cooperative selves. We went to a few stores and my Mom bought them a bunch of clothes for their birthday. We had lunch and all the while I had to keep watch for those six little arms and six little hands reaching out of the stroller for whatever was within their reach. Now, I might mention their reach is WAY LONGER than you would think. They can contort their little bodies into positions in the stroller that would do Cirque de Soleil proud. The day went off without a hitch UNTIL I decided I just HAD to go into JCrew. I should have known better. It was now nap time and the boys were getting restless. I couldn't fit the stroller in the back of the store so I park them in a "safe" spot and tell my Mom to watch them while I run in the back of the store. I was literally 5 feet away! Within 2 minutes I hear the loudest CRASH and it sounds like breaking glass. Now, who else would be breaking things in JCrew in the middle of the day if it was not one of my chilren? I run over and realize my "safe" parking spot was next to a table that (at stroller eye level, not my eye level) had GIANT glass containers filled with headbands. I assume the draw was too much and Cormac just could not resist the headbands. He pulled the whole thing off the shelf and when it landed it hit the wheel of the stroller and shattered all over the place. After I realized he was not hurt or bleeding I helped clean up the store! That was our cue to leave and we called it a day. (Well, I did manage to buy two T-Shirts first and then quickly left the building!) I think the boys fell asleep in the car before we pulled out of the lot. Luckily, it is a long drive home and they got some rest.

No comments: