Triplet Princes and a Princess

Triplet Princes and a Princess

Our journey to hearing with Cormac while living our life with triplet boys and a baby girl.







Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's just one of those days

Let me see. It started out fine. The boys slept until almost 7:30. We played a little while and then went down for breakfast. The last few days mealtime is just a disaster. It really can ruin the day especially since we need to do it three times a day. I swear these kids are on hunger strikes. They won't eat anything. I made them scrambled eggs. Let's say Duke and Duchess were thrilled this morning. I didnt even give them milk before hoping they would be nice and hungry. My plan did not work.

I cleaned up the kithcen and vacuumed and mopped the floor brought the boys upstairs and got everyone dressed for the day. We had to be at art class by 10am. They seem to enjoy art class and today we painted. And when I say painted I mean they painted themselves, each other, their clothes. Ciaran even had paint in his ears. Ciaran was really into the painting today. He has some very strong ideas of what colors and what he wanted to paint.

There are other children in class who sit and paint. Not true of the triplets. I can't figure out if they are just younger. Or if they had one on one help like the other kids if it would be different. I guess I will never know because I will never have a one to one ratio. THis saddens me more than anyone realizes. I think some of the frustration during the day is based soley on the lack of one to one interaction. SUre, I know most other children don't have two other children to play with all the time. I know they are happy but it just makes me feel like maybe they are missing out on a lot of what toddlerhood has to offer. They don't get to run around when we go to the park because I am usually by myself. They don't get to walk through the zoo because I can't watch them all. I want them to have as normal a life as they possibly can but some things are just not possible. I have started using the monkey backpacks and I can hold the tails. This gives them freedom but I am not too sure how I feel about "walking" them.

Anyway, I got off the topic. We came home and had to have baths because of the amount of paint on them. We got dressed in new, clean clothes. We had lunch. Again, a source of frustration. I have adopted a new rule. Once the lunch gets out of hand and food starts getting dropped on the floor the meal is immediatly over for the offender. I think they should learn quickly that food is for eating and not for playing. I just can't take the disaster three times a day.

So, just to recap, between 7:30 and 12:30 this morning I changed 9 diapers, undressed and dressed the boys twice, gave them a bath, fed the breakfast and lunch, mopped the kitchen floor once and vacummed it twice. Oh, yeah, and somewhere in there I managed to get them all in the car and take them to art class.

All in a days (well really a 1/4 days work) Lord knows what the afternoon will bring!

Here are the future Picasso's!!
Colin
 
Ciaran
 
Cormac
 
All three. If you are wondering what they are doing? You can't see but there is a cat that comes in the art studio. They love it. Not so sure the cat loves it.
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: